As a member of the Forix creative department, you will be responsible for advising clients on best usability practices in the realm of e-commerce, web, and mobile. You are a subject matter expert when it comes to usability and user experience. Additionally, you will execute projects thru research, planning, and wireframes within scope and on deadline.
Under the direction of the Director of Experience Design and key project stakeholders (Project Management, Site-Operations, Client) you will create, on your own and as a team, a variety of usability deliverables such as UX audits and recommendations, analytic reports, wireframes and planning documents, flow charts, user stories and archetypes, and other usability documents.
Project work will span a variety of e-commerce industries, such as apparel, outdoor gear, scientific equipment, perishable goods, and more.
- Position Type: Full-time, exempt with benefits
- Daily Hours: 10AM – 7PM, M-F
- Reports To: Director of Experience Design
- Formal training in HTML, CSS, design, and development methodologies.
- Mastery of key software: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, & InVision
- Prior knowledge of Magento platform is strongly preferred
- Training/Industry Experience: 2 to 4 years of college or equivalent work experience in the technical/agency space
- Design Experience: 4 to 7 years experience in digital agency or client side marketing team is a design capacity
- Ability to work independently; managing own time and projects
- Collaborative and team-oriented with excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong work ethic with exceptional project management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment developing creative designs within tight deadlines
Responsibilities & Requirements of Role:
- Planning: Effectively plans own work, executing against deadlines. Finds ways to maximize the efficiency in creative department processes.
- Research: Deep understanding of and experience with user research techniques, user-centered design methodologies, user experience principles and concepts.
- Travel: Occasional travel to clients’ headquarters for kickoffs or other meetings, as needed.
- Presentation: Advocate for the user with human-centric thinking, including presenting and explaining UX reasoning with enthusiasm and professionalism in client facing meetings.
- Facilitation: Able to keep meetings on track by refocusing attendees on high-level usability goals, agendas, and time-constraints.
- Wireframes: Gets hands dirty to do the wireframing that will set structure and functionality for the project. Includes understanding taxonomies and sitemaps, knowledge of default Magento work flows and functionality, and a deep understanding of how good design elevates usability.
- Analytics: Understand analytics and data. Able to track and measure success of your usability recommendations in the numbers.
- Initiative: Successfully drives discovery and planning phases of project; including but not limited to preparing for project kick-offs, presenting to clients, managing your own project timelines, creation of wireframes and planning documents, scheduling internal review meetings, implementing feedback on timeline, and advocating for best practices throughout process.
- Reviews: Actively plans time for and initiates in-person reviews needed throughout planning phase with Director. Additionally, responsible for ensuring client and internal team have reviewed and approved wireframes and functionality, resolving any open issues or questions.
Forix is committed to maintaining a motivated, positive work environment with people who share, demonstrate and live our core values; continually providing tangible value and benefit to its employees and our clients.
Our benefits include:
- 401K plan
- Employee medical coverage
- Vision prescription plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Account management bonus program
- Work from home days
Additional Perks Include:
- Bottomless coffee
- Ping Pong
- Company lunches and outings
- Snacks and beverages
- Open office space environment
- Conveniently located near the Goose Hollow MAX station
- Classic game consoles with Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat, and more!
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please apply to this post below.
- Include in the body of your email in 150 words or less why you believe you’re the right person for this role, and your salary requirements.
- Include your resume as a PDF attachement.
- Attach or include a link to your UX portfolio (include a case study that shows your design process – we want to know how you think and strategize)
Responses not including this info will not be considered.
Forix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org