Your e-commerce website relies on conversions to stay afloat, no matter what. Even when your website is on a fantastic platform like Magento, there are still things you can do to optimize your site for conversion rates. Forix’s developers are Magento certified and can help bring the best CRO strategies to life for your online store.
Take Advantage of Magento Features
Besides just providing the foundation for your e-commerce website, Magento 2 and Magento Enterprise Edition also have multiple tools suited to help you boost conversions at all stages of your funnel:
- Visual merchandiser (Enterprise exclusive). This feature allows you to rearrange your product and display pages to best encourage conversions – all with a simple click and drag movement.
- Customer segmentation. Dividing your different types of customers into segments allows you to provide the right material to the right people.
- Elasticsearch (Enterprise exclusive). With customizable search options including weighted attribute values, search synonyms, and stop words, customers can find what they’re looking for much more easily.
- PayPal and saved credit cards. Shorten checkout time and complexity with readily available payment options.
- Abandon cart recovery features. If a customer happens to abandon a cart while shopping, Magento 2 can give you reports on this data and send follow up emails to encourage customer return.
These tools are just some of the official features that Magento has to offer. Many open source extensions allow for you to further increase your CRO options. Don’t let these tools go to waste when planning your CRO strategy.
Avoid Conversion Mistakes
While there are best practices to boost your conversion rates, there are also worst practices that will take the wind out of your CRO strategies sails. When working on your CRO, avoid these mistakes:
- Not being upfront about additional costs like shipping fees. If you don’t offer free shipping, be sure to include the fees as early as possible in the shopping process.
- Unclear return policies. The customer wants to feel assured that, should something be wrong with their product, they can return it.
- Not being easily contactable. No way to reach you can be a real trust killer. Have easy contact through all venues, including live chat, email, FAQ pages, and phone – and display that information clearly.
- Unclear delivery times. Not saying when a customer’s purchase will arrive doesn’t encourage conversions. You should at least mention the rough timeline (2-3 days), but closer to approximate dates is much better (September 1-2).
- Inconvenient payment processes. Even if a customer makes it all the way through your purchasing process, they may still abandon their cart if paying is a hassle. Have several options ready and try to include one option like PayPal or AmazonPayments to ensure a safe and secure payment.
When you start to implement best practices and cut away CRO mistakes, you’ve set up a situation where your conversion rates are set to improve. Forix’s ongoing managed Magento services can help you best prepare your e-commerce website for CRO, including implementing extensions, cleaning up ineffective strategies, and more.