Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migrations
Connect With An Analyst and Get Started Today
Why Migrate to Magento 2?With more Magento 2 launches than any other agency on the planet right now, Forix is an ideal partner for the most efficient migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2. Migration tools allow for data, customer accounts and order history to be carried over fairly well, minimizing the time required of your team to manage data. Magento 2 is in full swing. We are well past the days of the early adopters, and we have seen the introduction of new feature sets – especially for B2B and CMS components. If you are getting to the point where it is starting to make sense to make the transition, consider adding Forix to your list. Before you begin any migration, there are a few key items you will want to consider.
Important Questions to Ask When Considering A Magento 2 Migration
- How Many Magento 2 Implementations Has Your Company Done? This is a key question to ask. It is important to know that Magento 2 is a different code base than Magento 1, and that many agencies are still conducting their first, second or third implementation. There’s a learning curve and it’s important to ask how many implementations an agency performed before you make your selection. What you are really asking is “am I your guinea pig?” Experience counts on this front.
- How Long Does It Take to Migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2? Factor in both your seasonality and timelines (your availability) and the development timeline. In many cases, simple sites can go much faster at 3-5 months, while highly complex projects can take as much as a year to complete. It really depends on how you answer the 5 questions below.
How Much Does It Cost to Migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2?
Cost is really dictated by several things. You will want to take a quick assessment of the following items:
- How many extensions do I have?
- What customizations do I have?
- Am I seeking a full redesign, or looking to transplant exactly what I have right now?
- What integrations or third parties do I have connected to my site?
- Do I have any special product configurations, relationships, or custom variables?
Forix is a Magento Enterprise Solutions Partner with over 60 Magento certified experts. We have planned, designed, developed, and launched hundreds of successful eCommerce websites over a decade. We develop and optimize eCommerce solutions to maximize your revenue potential.