This week at the annual Imagine Conference Magento announced Enterprise Cloud Edition (ECE), a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environment for the Magento 2 e-Commerce platform.
What This Is All About
Currently, finding a strong, robust hosting environment for Magento platforms has been a challenge for some users. With ECE being built on Amazon’s proven Web Service infrastructure (AWS) this concern should be alleviated for many.
The benefits of ECE will place it as the premier option for anyone who is – or currently looking at – Magento for their e-Commerce platform including elastic scalability, PCI compliance, global availability, and automated patching.
The service is currently scheduled for a release in May of this year, with no pricing information available as of yet.
Here are more details on Enterprise Cloud Edition and what it brings to the table. More information is also available on Magento’s website here.
- Full Magento 2 EE License
- Fastly CDN and DDos protection with generous bandwidth allowances
- Unrestricted versions of New Replic APM Pro and Blackfire.io Enterprise
- PaaS continous cloud integration tools
- Included surge capacity included (Peaks are covered)
- 24×7 support
- Will launch with the code base of Magento EE 2.0.5 with release updates to follow
- No pricing available until May
- Based on GMV and compute baseline traffic
- All in one cloud – backed by Magento
- One contract, one price
- 24×7 application & infrastructure support
- Monitoring & dynamic environment scaling
- Pro-active patch application
- Solution partner friendly
- Triple redundancy
- Multiple availability zones
- High automation, low touch support
- Ability to run multiple instances on non-production sites
- Rapid environment cloning
- Consistent, repeatable release management processes
- Compatible with all M2 Marketplace Extensions
- Access to source code
- No limitations on customizations
- Flexibility to move back to previous hosting environment
- New Relic (Real-time performance issue notification)
- Black fire (Code/SQL Query performance profiling)
- Fastly (CDN & DDoS Protection)
Stay tuned as we will provide updates once more information is released.