Today, on the last day of Imagine 2018, Magento announced the latest version Commerce 2.2.4 has been released for the Magento 2 platform. Magento highly recommends all merchants download and install Magento Commerce 2.2.4 as soon as possible in order to access the functional repairs and performance improvements that the upgrade provides.
Focal points of Magento Commerce 2.2.4. include:
- Vital new bundled extensions that provide immediate and precise tax count features
- New payment methods, including:
- Amazon Pay: offers a simple process for checking out and checking in
- Vertex: Automates the process of calculating sales tax
- Klarna Payments: With this new payment system, Magento merchants can give customers the choice to pay now, pay later, or pay in installments for their purchase.
- Various repairs and improvements to the Magento Shipping and dotmailer bundled extensions: Magento merchants now have the ability to utilize dotmailer to build customized transactional email arrangements.
- Repairs and improvements for fundamental features, including search performance enhancements and image loading to enable quicker purchasing
- Nearly 200 community contributions from the Magento community such as performance-tuning improvements and approximately 80 engineering repairs
Magento Commerce 2.2.4 also provides merchants with the following enhancements orchestrated to simplify product use and advance product performance:
- The admin global search feature is now expandable, translatable and considers the ACL settings for the user.
- Users can now utilize the CyberSource payment system for multi-shipping checkout and payment processes.
- Magento has incorporated an automatic checker to implement the short array syntax rule it is now reinforcing in the current code. This standard principle adheres to all specifications of PSR-2.
- Magento has substituted is_null with a stringent comparison solely for models and block modules in EAV, Catalog, Tax, and Sales.
The new dotmailer bundled extension presents the following improvements in the Magento Commerce 2.2.4 update:
- The new Abandoned Cart record table
- The capability for retailers to orchestrate custom transactional email designs
- An improved method for syncing subscriber’s sales files and data: Sales files and data now sync only when permitted in config.
- The capacity to introduce transactional email at the Store level
- Improved verification for the elimination of cron job CSV files and data