Magento has recently announced the release of Magento Open Source 2.2.4 for the Magento eCommerce platform. Addressing both functional issues and providing performance improvements, Magento Open Source 2.2.4 provides merchants with crucial upgrades for their online stores. We highly recommend that all merchants download and install Magento Open Source 2.2.4.
Primary components of Magneto Open Source 2.2.4 include:
- New bundled extensions that contain quick and exact tax calculation abilities
- New payment systems, such as Amazon Pay, Vertex, and Klarna Payments: These methods can help simplify the checkout process, provide automatic calculations for sales taxes, and give consumers the opportunity to choose between paying now, paying later, or paying in installments when executing a purchase.
- Numerous adjustments and amendments to the dotmailer and Magento Shipping bundled additions: Magento retailers can now employ dotmailer to formulate customized transactional email designs.
- Improvements and alterations for structural Magento features, such as search performance enrichment and image storing to facilitate prompt purchasing processes
- Around 200 Magento Community contributions included as performance-enhancing additions and about 80 engineering renovations
Magneto Open Source 2.2.4 also presents retailers with the subsequent improvements arranged to promote ease-of-use and upgrade platform efficiency:
- Admin global search component is now extendable, translatable, and recognizes the ACL specifics for the user.
- Magento has exchanged is_null with a poignant association only for models and block modules of EAV, Catalog, Tax, and Sales.
- Individuals can employ the CyberSource pay method for multi-shipping checkout and buying procedures.
- Magneto has included an automated controller to execute the short array syntax course it is now supporting in the prevailing code. This conventional system abides by all terms of PSR-2.
The new dotmailer bundled addition within the Magento Open Source 2.2.4 presents users with numerous enhancements, including:
- An Abandoned Cart/Checkout history table feature
- An amended system for synchronizing sales records and data: Now information synchronizes solely when allowed in config.
- Updated confirmation of the removal of cron job CSV records, columns, and data
- The capacity for merchants to arrange custom transactional email layouts and to utilize transactional email at the Store level