(PRWeb) July 1, 2018 – Magento has just announced the release of Magento Open Source 2.2.5. This update includes important security fixes for vulnerabilities that could cause a breach of customer data. Although there are no documented attacks to date, we highly recommend the installation of this critical update immediately with the help of Magento support. Some of the vulnerabilities, if put in the wrong hands, could cause damage to customer information. No business wants to report a breach of customer data.
Main Updates of Magento Open Source 2.2.5 include:
● Patches to close stored XSS, SQL injection, and cross-site request forgery (CSRF).
● Store-default settings are no longer used in every version of the site but rather where specified. As intended, custom settings apply.
● Large improvements to site indexing, allowing for faster load times.
● Improvements to core bundled extensions.
● Merchants now have an improved search function when it comes to searching the entire catalog and product indexes, making it easier for customers to find what they need.
● Enhancements to the index files have improved capacity by up to 15% for large profiles.
Magento users will experience a higher level of quality with their e-commerce websites after this update. Both customers and clients will notice faster load times on sites with large indexes and catalogs. Customers who were frequently logged out in the middle of the checkout process will also notice improvements.
Magento is part of the Adobe family and is globally recognized as the #1 e-commerce platform. Magento leads the way in cloud solutions as well as being home to over 315,000 developers worldwide.
Magento frequently releases security updates and patches for their products. To stay on top of the latest news and for ongoing Magento support, please visit the website. Businesses can protect their data and that of their customers with these support systems in place.